WANTED: A Systems Administrator
to support a laboratory infrastructure on our DIA contract in Reston, VA.�
As a Systems Administrator
- Provide critical support to an expanding technical mission.
- Continue growing your hands-on skills in Systems Administration.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Systems Administrator
- Support a laboratory infrastructure in such areas as building and maintaining servers, racks, and other hardware.�
- Work with 2 other system administrators in the day-to-day management of a hybrid (currently AWS and Azure) cloud environment.�
- Will be the resource for our client in for server-less architectures and perform a variety of systems administration functions including: �using existing designs and technical requirements, building computer equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, storage, processing, and data communications.�
- Image systems and build and maintain images, troubleshoot hardware, computer/server configuration skills, repair and test workstations, servers, and networks.�
- Analyze equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design, create and maintain technical procedures, documentation, and manuals.�
- Compile and analyze operational data and direct testing to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.� Your understanding of how the networks operate will be used to provide forensic infrastructure engineering in support of lab operations.
- Required to, at times. work independently in a fast-paced environment and convey technical information effectively and concisely to a wide range of audiences.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
Join Us! AWARDED "BEST OF THE BEST" by U.S. Veterans Magazine and "TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY" by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Work independently and under tight timelines and convey technical information effectively and concisely to a wide range of audiences.�
- Experience working with storage systems, analyzing and installing of computer-based systems, local area networks, fiber optic cable installation, and wireless networks.
- A current DOD IAT 8570 Certification Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP) or higher is required.� Candidates who ae also willing to agree to completing one of these certifications within 6-months of their start date will also be considered.
- The ideal candidate will also be an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.� If you do not have this credential, you will be required to obtain this certification within 6-months of your start date.
- Candidates will be required to have or obtain a Secret security clearance.� You will be required to obtain a security clearance.� Therefore, you must be a U.S. citizens possessing, or eligible to possess, a valid clearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related discipline and at least three (3) years of related experience.
- Eight (8) years direct IT experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of three (3) years specialized hardware/system engineering, and systems admin experience, and a computer technology-related degree.
- Working experience of analysis and installation of communications systems, system administration functions to include support of network systems, network servers, and desktop computers. �