When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Systems Administrator 5 (SAS Administrator) who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. Developers design, develop and test application/ interfaces and create technical documentation for applications. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Provide day-to-day administrator support for maintaining a stable and scalable SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP) and products installed on the platform.
- Lead efforts in defining and setting up working environments for various customer engagements that will be utilizing the SAS Application platform.
- Lead efforts in developing policies and procedures for ensuring optimal operability of the DAP environment.
- Conduct reviews and define strategies for configuring and implementation SAS Application Tools that best meet the customer requirements and environment.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to researchers and analysts who are exploring and utilizing the latest SAS Data Analytics capabilities.
- Work with customers to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
Basic Qualifications for a Systems Administrator 5:
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 13 years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 19 of years of relevant work experience as a SAS Developer in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as a SAS Administrator working with SAS products on a Windows platform
- Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in 2 or more of the following:
- Experience in managing SAS Application and Operating System level security, managing SAS Configuration Files, planning and scheduling SAS processes,
- Experience managing multi-tier SAS platform with products listed under SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP)
- Experience in setting up Data Access in SAS, including registering libraries and tables in the metadata, updating table metadata, setting up data access, and troubleshooting data access
- Experience with different SAS servers and troubleshooting potential configuration problems
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with DB2 database preferred
- Experience in managing multi-tier SAS platform products like SAS EBI, EDM, EM, Forecaster, Model Manager and Visual Analytics
- Experience with SSL encryption of mid-tier information preferred and integrating PIV card and Active Directory Authentication,
- Experience using a formal, software development lifecycle methodology
- Knowledge of SSA Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Visio applications
- Knowledge of 508 accessibility standards
- General knowledge of Project Management concepts
- Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writing skills
- Proactive self-starter