At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of IT Systems Administrator 2, we'll count on you to:
• Provide engineering and system administration of local and enterprise-wide production infrastructure systems
• Provide first- and second-level problem resolution of production systems
• Perform day-to-day maintenance tasks for production systems
• Review and analyze system modifications/patches
• Assist with analysis of existing technology solutions to ensure system stability, reliability and predictability
• Assist with analysis and design of new technology solutions under guidance and direction of Senior Systems Administrator, Team Leads or Technology Consultants
• Participate in support of tasks on technology projects under direction of a Senior Systems Administrator, Team Leads or Technology Consultant
• Evaluate and define specifications to be used in support of production environment
• Develop technology standards and specifications for use by systems administrators
• Review system logs and reports and take corrective action to resolve anomalies
• Conduct technology implementation tasks with limited review required by higher-level technical/managerial staff
• Perform technology evaluations, testing and design tasks in support of new or upgraded technologies for enterprise-wide infrastructure systems
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related technical area, or the relevant combination of education and relevant experience
• 3-5 years of experience in administering systems-related technologies.
• Excellent client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to analyze and design enterprise-wide infrastructure technology systems
• Ability to communicate with users and information technology professionals
• Ability to work with vendors to request service and work through defective product issues
• Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision
• Attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
: United States-Texas-Round Rock, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-Texas-Fort Worth, United States-Missouri-Kansas City, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Colorado-Denver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: RegularBusinessClass: Marketing and Admin
: Apr 3, 2019
Systems Administrator 2 - (153801)