Systems Administration Software Engineer
Transforming the future of technology… The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Research and Development Programs. The Software Engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. In addition to software development, the successful candidate will support Systems Administration 25% of the time on RedHat Linux environments
• 2+ Years of experience in software development is required.
• Familiarity with RedHat Linux System Administration
• 2 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java.
• Knowledge of software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
• Technical Writing skills and experience generating technical documents in support of a software development project.
• Ability to work independently on a research and development effort creating a tangible products
• Demonstrated experience working with Open Source (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Experience in using technologies that transport, route, and process data such as Apache, Nifi, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Amazon Kinesis will be considered with higher preference
• Experience with monitoring applications such as ELK stack.
• Experience with optimizing storage (across tiers) for mission and cost savings such as DataWave model development will be considered with higher preference
• Experience in development for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications such as Kubernetes.
• Cloud Administrator Certification
• Cloud Developer Certification
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required