You Will Be Responsible For:
• [Virtual Environment Administration] At facilities that have virtualization, Build virtual servers and manage virtual guests on VM Hosts. Provide simple management functions of VI, escalate issues when necessary. Work with the Corporate Open Systems Team for general direction, standards, & architecture corporate standards.
• [Server Hardware – Intel class] Conducting server builds, installing equipment in data center, racks, cabling, etc. Maintains system BIOS, Firmware, and hardware level drivers to manufacturer recommended levels. Manage lifecycle of server hardware. Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware issues.
• [Storage Infrastructure] – Responsible for all direct attached server storage in the environment, fault management and other functions. Work with Corporate Storage Team in Facilities with SAN\NAS storage to allocate space to systems, drive replacement and other basic functions.
• [Inventory] Maintains accurate equipment (asset) inventory records, software inventory records, and system documentation.
• [Backup Monitoring] Monitors backup jobs on systems daily. Performs manual backups, tape changes, or any troubleshooting. Proactively plans for capacity growth of system and maintains backup software levels current on servers and clients. Performs system backups & recovery for failed backups when necessary. Communicates progress and provides resolutions for failed backups & issues regarding server recovery.
• [Data Center Infrastructure] Facilitate understanding and simple management of HVAC, UPS, PDU, Humidity/Temp controls in Facility Datacenters. Work with local facilities manager, local site director & Corporate Manager of data center infrastructure to implement and maintain corporate standards in datacenters and make sure equipment is kept under server contract and good working order.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Strong project management skills
• Basic understanding of SQL Administration (install, backup, restore)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Information Technology,
• Including 3 years being focused on System administration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT healthcare environment.
• Experience in heterogeneous systems is preferred, including Windows Server, Unix/AIX, Linux, & OS/400.
• Experience in scripting or programming languages is a preferred, including C or C++, vbscript, & shell scripting.
Job ID: 18015894