The Systems Administrator (SA) reports to the Manager, IT & Operations. The SA is a subject matter expert (SME) for systems in the IT operations environment. The SA will possess the skills, attitude, communication skills, and hands-on experience necessary for monitoring and managing the existing Windows/Red Hat/VMware server environment.
The systems environment at Elemica currently resides on VMC in AWS, with Database connections to AWS RDS and AWS EC2 database servers. The environment consists of approximately 300 virtual machines running Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows Server. The networking environment consists of Cisco, FortiNet, and F5 technologies.
The scope of duties includes:
- Upkeep of the complete systems infrastructure (Cisco, VMWare, Linux/Unix servers, Windows, Cohesity, Microsoft Office365) and all associated performance tuning, reporting, capacity planning, and patching
- Providing required support to other business/operations teams both at a project level, and day to day operations
- Developing and implementing efficient operations management processes and guidelines including customer services support, availability and performance monitoring, and security for all aforementioned systems and infrastructure. This should also include careful planning of Change Controls to avoid customer impact while meeting agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The ideal candidate will combine strong knowledge of Linux systems administration (specifically Red Hat Enterprise Linux), VMware vSphere/vCenter, FortiNet and Windows Server administration.
- Hands-on technical expertise in the areas of systems administration including Linux/Unix, VMware vSphere, Cisco Servers/Networking and Windows Server
- Hands-on knowledge of Red Hat Satellite and Identity Management a plus
- Proactive in-depth monitoring, tuning and reporting of system and security environments
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and willing/capable of inspiring/mentoring others on the team
- Ability to work independently on numerous activities and provide guidance to others on the team
- Strong communication skills (English written and verbal)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Network, WAN and VLAN management and troubleshooting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Participate in on-call rotation at a team level
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
Education: Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience, certifications, or extensive technical training. Red Hat or VMware certification is desired
Experience: 5+ years of related direct hands-on experience required supporting systems, storage and virtual environments.?