Due to Wyndham Destinations (WD) recent Spin-off from Wyndham Worldwide, we are bringing key accounting positions from Parsippany, New Jersey to our corporate headquarters in Orlando, FL. This is an exciting time to join the world’s largest Timeshare and Exchange company and growing team.
Wyndham Destinations is currently seeking a Technical Accounting Manager in Orlando, Florida. This person will oversee the accounting operations and financial close for the rental accounting process of 85-90 sites. Prepare financial statements, analysis and ad hoc reporting; support the Extra Holidays operations team in the budgeting and forecastingprocesses, support and provide financialreporting to Sales/Marketing Directors, as well as, senior operations management. Provide leadership, training, and development of accounting team, to include biannual job and talent reviews.
Job responsiblities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with I.T., Operations, and system analysts to ensure all Legacy Systems are operating efficiently. Create all necessary Business System Enhancements and follow through implementation.
- Oversee Dashboards, process excellence, and all process improvements to the Rental business.
- Oversee the monthly close process for 85-90 corporate BU’s to provide accurate financialreporting within the required timelines. Provide and generate monthly financial statements and reporting according to policies and procedures. Analyze statements and reports for accuracy to provide to the Operations team and for forecasting purposes.
- Oversee the completion and review all corporate balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries on a monthly basis. Perform quarterly reviews of specific balance sheet reconciliations with the accounting staff for each property. Ensure no unreconciled differences over 90 days.
- Oversee the preparation of month-end reporting and metrics reports to assist operations with future forecasting and targeting of improvement opportunities for revenue and occupancy data. Manage the overall accounts receivable due from wholesalers and other 3rd party providers and keep all A/R under 90 days.
- Perform monthly reviews with operations personnel of corporate financials prior to close of month on business day 3. Perform reviews of all business unit financials with operations teams to ensure revenue and commissions are accurate and complete. Participate in reviews with senior operations management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountingpreferred but not required.
- 7-10 years accounting experience, at least 3 in a management capacity, some portion of that experience in timeshare or property management or hotel/rental accounting in a technical capacity.
- 7-10 years’ experience with systems, applications, and software implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, excellent us of Excel
- Possess strong leadership abilities with good coaching and training skills.
- Excellent professional communication skills, good organization skills, ability to multi-task & coordinate multiple projects
- Deadline conscious with strong drive, initiative and the ability to work well in time-sensitive situations
- Good Presentation Skills
- CPApreferred, but not required