$100K — $150K *
• Independently Plan, conduct and manage all test activities with emphasis on Field and Lab Testing, with minimal support from other teams in MediaTek.
• Co-ordinate with all stake holders (RD, Test teams) to ensure successful and timely execution and completion of all test activities.
• Serve as Point of contact in the team for internal teams & Customers and provide constant updates on all testing activities.
• Be responsible for making sure deliverables are provided to internal teams/Customers on time. If test activities hit a roadblock, make sure to contact appropriate resources to enable test completion on time.
• Work with junior testers in the team by serving them as Trainer/Mentor and guide. Follow-up on a Daily basis with each Engineer on their tasks and provide technical support as required.
• Manage resourcing needs by making smart decisions about hiring new members, assigning tasks to existing team members, especially at times when demand is higher.
• Work closely with internal teams to best support US Operator related testing, understanding Operator Requirements and coming up with Strategies to address Operator related issues.
• Provide analysis of testing data as required to Customers and other teams and offer inputs to improve Cellular Modem SW Quality based on testing experience.
• If needed, perform various kinds of testing including but not limited to Unit Testing, Drive Testing, Usability Testing, functional/performance testing on Mobile phones in the field to determine Modem SW Quality and stability of the Handset using test tools to capture relevant data from test devices.
• Follow up on defects discovered by junior testers by raising tickets, tracking defects through their resolution, working with MediaTek R&D Teams on verification of fixes.
• Serve as interface to MediaTek’s customers for issue analysis/debugging by performing testing on customer handsets by reproducing issues or Device crashes in the field.
• Provide test and debugging support for third party test houses and Labs which work in close cooperation with MediaTek.
• Display a can-do attitude and initiative by interacting with other MediaTek teams in the US to understand project needs and accordingly perform and modify test requirements & plans.
• As a Senior Test Engineer, serve as MediaTek‘s eyes and ears to observe unique network behavior and report such findings to MediaTek R&D accordingly to improve Modem SW Quality.
• Using accumulated test data, come up with innovative test methodologies including regular regression to resolve issues observed during testing
• Technical proficiency/excellent understanding of Wireless Technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, VoLTE, IMS, 5G (SA/NSA).
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Network Engineering, Telecommunications or related disciplines.
• Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Android, Windows
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently as well as an effective Team Player.
• Solid bug tracking and test reporting skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Flexibility to travel at a short notice of up to 2 weeks at a time as and when required by business needs.
• Ability to work in a small team and be self-driven and self-motivated.
• Document Test plans & test procedures once assigned activity is completed for future use.
• Well experienced with wireless technologies such as 2/3/4/5G, IMS, VoLTE/ViLTE, SIP, and Connectivity Technologies.
• Deep Understanding of US Operator Device Acceptance Requirements and previous experience handling Operator related issues.
• Education: Master’s in Telecommunication Engineering.
• Experience with Mobile phone testing obtained through individual work experience or handling test teams at US Operators or Commercial OEMs.
• Familiarity with Android OS Devices including knowledge of ADB Commands.
Valid through: 9/27/2021