Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a System Validation Engineer!
Welcome to the DCG, the growth engine for Intel! In this role, you will be a self-starter and great team player in validating products providing hardware acceleration features (offloading computations from the core processor), compression and high availability for DCG's network, cloud, communications, and storage markets. We are part of the Silicon Development organization within the Data Center Group, and we're looking for a talented and passionate individual to help build our IP & Server/SoC System Validation team.
We are a strong, vibrant team who define, create and develop the environment and test suites that we use to validate our PCIe/DFx, DMA Acceleration, Quick Assist (Encryption, Decryption, Compression) Acceleration and High Availability IPs providing compute offload, data integrity, and redundancy capabilities in Data centers.
As a successful System Validation Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for leading and developing the methodologies we use, design & implement validation test suites with kernel or user mode driver, execute validation test plans and debug failures in Server/SoC IP's in various environment including virtual platform, FPGA/big box Emulation systems and post silicon platforms. You will also be encouraged to take a fresh look at our methods and use innovative thinking to find and apply improvements. You will be expected to work across geos, and work seamlessly with all stakeholders to deliver towards successful project milestones.
As part of this team you will work collaboratively with our peer SV teams, RTL hardware design, verification, FPGA Emulation, software, firmware engineers and platform teams to define and implement requirements for pre and post silicon validation throughout the product life cycle. You will be embedded within the mentioned teams to work in collaboration towards common test strategies and execution of those plans.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Passion for debug and the value it brings to improvement.
- Strong Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 3 plus years of industry experience, Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2 plus years of industry experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in general Computer Architecture,
- 3 plus years of experience with FPGA, Bigbox Emulation, and Verilog,
- 2 plus years of experience with Linux development.
- 2 plus years of experience and proficiency in C, C++, Python or similar languages.
- 2 plus years of experience in validation test methodologies and frameworks.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience and knowledge of PC architecture, Intel Chipset, and Networking or Communications protocols.
- 3 plus years of experience and understanding of the PCIe protocol.
- 3 plus years of direct Pre-Si or Post-Silicon validation experience.
- 2 plus years of experience with lab equipment (Lauterbach, protocol analyzers).
- 2 plus years of experience and understanding of Agile process.
Inside this Business Group