Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As a System Validation Engineer, you'll lead system validation and debug efforts and work with a team responsible for bare-metal and OS-based validation.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in validating technologies and architectures on silicon.
- Programming experience (Assembly, C, C or scripting using Python or Perl).
- Experience developing silicon validation tests and debugging pre-silicon and post-silicon issues.
- 3 years of experience developing random stress testing silicon validation frameworks, tests, or related infrastructure.
- Experience with JTAG based debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach).
- Experience with complex system debug, embedded operating systems, or bare metal programming.
- Experience with running tests on emulation platforms and/or FPGAs.
- Proficiency in CPU architectures, ARM knowledge, HW/SW interface, and possess strong debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals.
- Plan, develop, and execute tests to validate an hardware IP and integration at the system level. Read hardware specifications, identify test cases at the IP and the system level, document them, and implement them to run on emulation, FPGAs, and the post-silicon environment. - Interface with Software, Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams to formulate test plans. - Create, define, and develop system validation environments and test suites. - Develop methodologies, execute validation plans, and debug failures.