$80K — $100K *
Super Micro Computer is seeking a passionate candidate to take on the responsibilities of Thermal Engineer. The position will be responsible for the cluster level architecture, design, analysis, and validation of water cooling technologies to meet HPC customer needs. This role utilizes and champions a design process based on estimating, simulating, and testing the thermal performance of new products and architectures. The ideal candidate will have a strong fundamental background in heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and the implementation of thermal solutions in enterprise electronics.
• Develop and validate thermal solution for HPC cluster platforms with respect to industry standards
• Evaluate all of the system layout, power consumptions, air flow, acoustics, sensors and related mechanical testing
• Perform cluster level thermal analysis, definition, testing (including chamber test set up, thermocouple installation, automated data acquisition)
• Thermal debugging, system optimization and documentation
• Analyze structural and thermal aspects to ensure feasibility and specify thermal interface materials and manufacturing process
• Responsible for development, design, documentation and deployment of all cluster level water cooling customer projects.
• Additional responsibilities will include rack integration, documentation, facilities preparation, on-site service, & PM/Sales/Field Application Engineer customer project support.
• Bachelor degree in Aerospace, Thermal, or Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree is a plus
• Minimum 3 years of experience in server/PC industry with mechanical or thermal function is required
• Must have working knowledge in thermal management hardware, heat transfer material, and cooling devices at a rack/cluster level
• Solid knowledge in general Mechanical/thermal engineering analysis, validation, documentation and communication
• Knowledge of mechanical/thermals (cooling devices, air flow, temp, power, cooling, mechanical design) with electrical/power (power distribution, AC power types, power calculations, DC power, regulatory/safety) is a plus
• Server/Rack Liquid Cooling solutions experiences are plus which include DCL(direct chip liquid cooling), rear door liquid cooling, liquid immersion cooling, chilled water piping, etc. is a plus
• Must have good working spirit and work well in a team and fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to travel for on-site customer deployments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Valid through: 3/2/2021