Super Micro is seeking a System Thermal Engineer who is full of passion and strong leadership. Detail oriented, responsible, a dedicated attitude, and an outgoing personality are traits highly preferred. The position will be in charge of server, storage, and workstation thermal/cooling designs and engineering validations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute the design and development of cooling solutions for servers, storages, and workstations
- Collaborate with motherboard, chassis, power supply, and system teams to optimize system layout and component placement
- Validate thermal compliance of systems and components with regards to industry standards
- Summarize and present thermal/cooling technical data to engineering teams, vendors, and customers
- Investigate and identify new techniques to advance cooling schemes and thermal managements
- Interface with contract manufacturers and vendors for cooling solution developments and improvements
- Provide thermal/cooling technical supports from component to rack level
- BS or MS in ME/EE or equivalent training with minimum 3+ years direct IT/server industry experience
- Experience working as a thermal, mechanical, or validation engineer in computer or electronics cooling development
- Experience running CFD thermal/cooling simulation software (Icepak or FloTHERM)
- Experience heat sink, air shroud/fan duct designs and cooling fan/blower selections
- Hands-on computer system level thermal testing or validation experience including thermocouple installations, automated data acquisitions, and related lab equipment operations
- Experience running stress programs and scripts under Windows and Linux environments
- Able to make progress in multiple tasks simultaneously and be flexible to change requirements and priorities
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.