$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
San Diego, CA 92101
Less than 5 years
Posted 48 days ago
Responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
•Works with test project managers to develop system requirements.
•Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
•Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test
cases, test procedures, and test reports.
•Prepares software test status reports.
•Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
•Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
•Assists in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment (STE).
•Conducts integration and formal system tests.
•Maintains the test requirements database.
•Prepares presentation material and leads Test Readiness Reviews.
•Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
•Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
•Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
•Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
•Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet contractual requirements.
•Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
•Actively drives the management and resolution of system ARQs and Issues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related
technical discipline plus a minimum of two years of experience, or a Master's of Science degree.
• Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture,
embedded processing, and operating systems.
• Necessary computer skills include: Experience with API, JAVA, TCP/IP, UNIX, PERL, SQL Queries, and
JIRA as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office Applications. Use of drawing tools
such as AutoCAD is helpful.
• Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Ability to use typical PC software such
as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets.
• Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and
conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints.
• Use of standard hand tools, and special and general purpose test equipment.
• Knowledge and experience using tools like Selenium, Postman, SoapUI and other Test Automation tools
desired. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines.
• Demonstrate people-oriented management expertise and practices.
• Must have strong presentation and organizational skills.
• Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary in performing on-site testing.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Valid Through: 2019-9-27