The System Technician -- Cisco is responsible for performing maintenance of Cisco equipment and adjuncts on customer premises. The Technician will receive assignments from the Resource Scheduler, Support Center, and/or direct from the customer. The Technician will keep detailed records for time reporting, customer records and billing purposes in the ALERT system.
- Masters all subject matter expert on Cisco products and offerings such as Call Manager, Unity, Jabber etc.
- Acts as the escalation point for C1 services personnel during a cutover
- Works with Project Managers and Field Services Engineers during a cutover
- Receives trouble reports from C1 personnel and customers. Assist with trouble shooting and identifying problem areas
- Acts as the Licensing Point for services personnel
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Five or more years of experience in Cisco is required
- System Administration experience is required
- Strong problem solving skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Strong computer and technical skills are required
- Data experience is helpful
- Cisco certifications
- Any Avaya experience would be a plus