Job ID R-304610
Provide customer support via telephone on the integration, implementation and modification of a wide variety of networked Lab Automation systems within a highly complex environment. This includes coordination of testing, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of those systems including remote software and hardware technical support, on-site visits if necessary, Database back up, and troubleshooting assistance to field based staff and customers. Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality Standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer telephone inquiries by providing diagnostic and other assistance on more complex, and in-depth instrument products supported and serviced by BD.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Determine next steps for unresolved customer issues.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Support functional and technical IT system requirements and specifications.
- Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on the business needs ~ 25%.
- Will be required to be available for an on call rotation/pager.
- Must be able and willing to be on-call and assist with emergencies or scheduled system maintenance after hours as required.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes to create a more efficient work environment.
- Monitor and reports on system performance.
- Timely escalation of customer product issues for evaluation and action by higher level support.
- Utilization of appropriate remote tools to resolve issue and avoid dispatching of service call to Field Service Engineer.
- Bachelor'sDegree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination ofeducation andexperience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in IT specifically, demonstrated knowledge of installation and support of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (2012R2 and 7) required or in a related field. Experience with WindowsServer 2016 and Windows 10 is a plus.
- Minimum of two years experience with services, event viewer logs, share permissions, network analysis tools, and mail protocols (smtp).
- Two years of service experience in setup and troubleshooting of IT/Network/Software.
- Two years of experience in PC-based equipment and application software support and servicing.
- Knowledge of MS RDP is required. VNC Viewer experience is desired.
- VMware (version 5.5 and above) experience is a plus.
- Proven experience in determining root cause analysis and preventative measures.
- Experience with medical devices and equipment, PCs/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desirable.
- Requires the ability to understand electronics and electro-mechanical devices (Mechatronics), PLCs and pneumatics. Some robotics experience is a plus.
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training. Must be able to clearly and concisely present findings to customers both written and verbally.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and follow up on complex, multi-step tasks.
- Two years recent field service experience in servicing complex electronics.
- Prior healthcare field service or remote customer support experience.
- Knowledge of Microbiology laboratories processes and techniques is a plus.