Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
System Support Engineer
Companies are using advanced data analytics to save lives, address environmental issues, improve the customer experience and drive operational effectiveness. Supporting these complex and mission critical data warehouse and analytical environments is not about the software or hardware, but about the customer journey and experience. Are you ready to be a part of that journey?
What We Do
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for data warehousing and analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
Our Teradata Customer Services organization is a global team with a local presence. We leverage our extensive experience and world class tools to enable the very best service and support our customers demand. Using our own advanced analytics tools, technical expertise and operational excellence we partner with our customers on their journey to achieve high-impact business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
As a System Support Engineer for Teradata you will provide hardware and software support for Teradata customers, including reactive (resolving issues) and proactive work such as: hardware and software implementation and upgrades, system analysis, and assist with account management. You will support large, Linux-based data warehouse and analytics solutions, providing “World Class” service to the world’s largest companies, including 24x7 on-callsupport with response time and call back commitments.
Interesting Work You’ll Do
- Work directly with the world’s largest companies, supporting mission-critical enterprise data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Support large Linux-based data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Resolve complex hardware and software issues, supported by subject matter experts located throughout the world
- Assist in proactive analysis and updating of customers’ systems
- Assist in delivering of monthly, quarterly and annual service reviews with customers
Skills and Experiences, You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or an electronics technology discipline or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Experience working in customer services and/or account management roles
- Reliable transportation to travel to various local and/or long-distance locations
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and self-disciplined fashion
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position
Ideally, you will also have the following
- Bachelor Degree in IT related field.
- Two years’ experiencesupporting technology solutions within the last 4 years
- Working knowledge of Teradata or other database technologies, UNIX/LINUX, Mainframe, Networking, Virtual Machine Environments
- Working knowledge of disk array architecture
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.