The Boeing Global Services Logistics Engineering organization seeks a senior-level System Support Engineer to lead and provide technical guidance for the logistics product support engineering team. This position is to support the P-8 sustainment programs. The objective is to ensure the US Navy and International customers have the required logistics data to support the P-8 fleet and to perform their critical missions and maintenance operations.
Product Development and Project Management:
- Develops and implements project plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved and contractual product deliverables met scheduled delivery with first time quality
- Ensures team products or processes meet customer, company, industry and regulatory requirements
- Measures progress to ensure team achieves goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with external and internal customers, stakeholders, and other IPT functions
- Proactively communicates with team, management and customers on project status and raise risks/issues/opportunities timely and appropriately
- Provides technical direction and guidance to team regarding processes used to develop and maintain logistics products and engineering data (e.g., logistics support analysis, supply support, support equipment, maintenance, reparability, removal rates, interchangeability, configuration management, technical data clarification, and initial provisioning, etc.)
- Systematically evaluates and solves technical problems by identifying key issues, answering questions, and suggesting solutions. Provides guidance on engineering solutions
- Directly influences product design of a high technical complexity. Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, academic knowledge and concepts to influence design for supportability
- Applies extensive understanding of the data collection, coordination, and analysis needs to address complex customer inquiries
- Interacts primarily with internal and external customers on issues that may have a significant impact at the division level
- Initiates, evaluates, coordinates, validates, approves and implements complex and cross-functional engineering changes (e.g., schedule changes and associated preplanning, field data, customer requests, drawing/kit changes etc.) in support of customer requirements and overall program objectives. Possesses experience in the engineering change processes. Reviews and approves engineering changes at the departmental level
- Recognized as a subject matter expert of processes and techniques used to develop support requirements within the program or organizational level. Leads in the activities associated with requirements development and allocation. Reviews, and approves, requirements documents of others.
- Represents the organization as a technical contact on contracts and projects.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Project Managementexperience
- Engineering degree ABET accredited
- More than 10 years of experience facilitating internal and external customer interfaces and requirements
- Experience defining, estimating, and planning aircraft maintenance repairs, maintenance, and/or recoveries
- Experience leading a diverse team of engineers
- Experience developing and documenting supportability concepts, including Logistics Support Analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- P-8 program experience
- Experience working on Military or Military/Commercial Derivative Aircraft
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.