BASIC PURPOSE: Provide first level system technical support for customers using Glovia products, third party products, and remote services as required. Preferred work schedule would be 5 AM to 2 PM PST. Manage products’ case loads by working promptly with customers, Global Product Support and R&D. Work on internal Glovia projects as required with GCC and Professional Services personnel. Reports to Manager, Glovia Customer Care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist customers and field personnel with resolving System/ Applications issues ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction; also providing consulting when required.
- Escalation and follow-up of critical customer accounts and keeping management apprised of the situation
- Provide detail documentation and test cases for product errors and submit through Clarify to Global Product Support
- Keep application and trouble-shooting skills at a high level for assigned applications and mentor/ cross train department colleagues/ new employees
- Administrative Activities: a) keep case notes in Clarify up to date and customer notified of case status b) participation in department and company meetings c) update knowledge base with solutions you have created or work-arounds, write tech-notes, FAQs and assist department manager with updating other documents as needed
- Maintain good rapport and working relationship with co-workers and other
- Awareness of company goals and objectives, as well as, customer support policies
- Performs all required administrative functions necessary to the position.
- Accurate, timely submission of timesheets for all time expended.
- Timely submission of schedules, project status reports and other relevant correspondence.
- Accurate, timely submission of all expense reports.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or IT is a plus
- No previous professional experiencerequired. Up to 4 years of related experience in Customer services in the technical field and/or ERP with industry knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft OS, UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Windows Pro Desktop, VM-Ware, Cloud, Windows and Unix scripting
- Experience with SQL/Oracle
- Experience with PostGres is a plus
- Previous work experience with PROIV or Client is a plus
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Understands the INs and OUTs of technical customer Support having worked with complex technology products is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Depending on candidate’s level ofexperience:
- Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues; able to work on problems of limited scope; able to follow standard practices and procedures; and able to receive detailed instructions on all work; OR
- Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues; able to work on problems of moderate scope; receive general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments; and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices
- Able to balance multiple responsibilities and work effectively in a fast paced environment with attention to details
- Result driven, deadline driven, goal oriented, highly motivated, takes ownership and new challenges on an ongoing basis to meet department’s objectives
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through. Follows directions.
- Quick learner and takes initiative to learn on his/ her own
- Knowledge of Network service – TCP/ IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, SSH, FTP, VPN, SMTP, HTTP/S is a plus