Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a System Specialist – P&C Insurance/ACORD to join our IVANS Insurance Solutions Division. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of the P&C insurance industry, programming skills, and EDI standards to build solutions that help facilitate the adoption of IVANS products and services. This will including using data mapping and translation tools to assist P&C Insurance carriers in mapping and translating carrier specific data into the ACORD standards for data communication. Your industry experience will be key, as you will interact closely with the assigned client companies in an effort to directly drive the completion of work, balancing industry standards; your understanding of insurance and our industry's workflows; and your programming skills. You can live anywhere in the country for this position.
- Analyze customer data and record formats, developing mapping and programs/scripts to convert data to the required output format
- Perform system installation tasks to include software installation, customer training, account setup, and any customer deliverables
- Manage multiple projects, providing timely reporting on the project status and keeping management alerted to variances/risks
- Perform first-level problem determination on all Translation software, providing post-implementation support as defined with each client
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of overall experience required, with demonstrated experience and knowledge of the P&C insurance industry, including P&C data and data standards
- Well-versed in all cycles of data translations projects, including development, analysis, testing, and implementation
- Knowledge of XML and AL3 ACORD data standards
- Knowledge of structured programming concepts
- Able to provide basic technical troubleshooting skills for product installation and other product issues
- Detail oriented; strong analytical, planning, and reasoning abilities
- Minimal travel required
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, implementation and education services, 24x7 technical support, and consulting services that are built specifically for our clients.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted the 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards), the 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Corporate Insider) and are ranked #56 in the Cloud Top 500 report for the largest cloud application vendors in the world (Apps That Run the World).
- GOOGLE'S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,700+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this "Dress for your Day"!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, free bagel and fruit on Tuesdays, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just "another job". Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 14 years!
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the 'Applied Cares' program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors' Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and afree day off for your birthday!