As a Systems Software Engineer, you will provide the interface between development platforms containing Groq devices and the host machine. This role involves working on the host PCI express driver and the supporting low level user-space libraries to provide device access functionality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team environment to support the development, integration, and test of production machine learning platforms
- Work multi-functionally with other software, hardware, architecture and support teams to deliver Linux drivers, firmware, and system software for our AI platforms
- Build tools and infrastructure to facilitate ASIC bringup and validation
- Triage and debugging of various SW issues
- Understanding of machine learning is desirable but not essential
- System integration of embedded systems with Silicon, Firmware, and Software
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent programming (C/C++)
- Minimum 3 years of industrial experience in embedded software or firmware.
- Proficiency with debugging large, complex system software.
- Knowledge of device drivers, hardware bringup, power management, performance optimization, bootloading, hardware/software integration, PCIe driver development
- Genuine passion for low-level system engineering and hardware/software integration
- Experience developing and shipping low level system software for Linux
- Good written and oral communication skills; strong technical documentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed; self-confidence and self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment