Aviya Aerospace Systems is a leader in engineering services and solutions for mission critical Aerospace and Defense applications. Aviya provides expertise in program management, systems, software, mechanical, and hardware engineering to many of the top-tier Aerospace and Defense Contractors. Aviya has an opening for a System Safety & Reliability Analyst to join our engineering group in in Longueuil, Quebec.
- Work with airframers, airworthiness authorities and PWC teams to define safety requirements and flow down; prepare PSSA and Safety Plan.
- Conduct systems safety analysis and participate in IPT's in support of engine design activities, leading FMEA.
- Validate safety objectives are met through FHA, prepare the SSA for engine certification and support aircraft level certification activities.
- Conduct technical analysis, develop solutions to problems encountered during development and in-service.
- Perform risk assessments in support of fleet management strategies for continued airworthiness.
- Provide discipline leadership, including the development of new processes and analytical tools.
- Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity through the value stream from preliminary requirements through to engine and aircraft certification and field life cycle management.
- Conduct system safety and reliability analysis for power plants and interfaces with aircrafts.
- Develops and coach others.
- Contribute to the team by applying their advanced knowledge to lead and develop disciplines such as fire safety, FMEA, or fleet risk management.
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelors degree with 6 to 10 years of experience.
- Masters degree with 4 to 7 years of experience.
- Field of study: Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of engine turbomachinery and controls, aircraft powerplant systems (propeller, thrust reverser). Includes all aspects related to mechanical systems (fuel, oil, transmission) and control (hydromechanical, electronic, software).
- Demonstrate a strong interest in discipline leadership, with solid teamwork, troubleshooting, and systems thinking capability.
- Has expert knowledge that extends across multiple design disciplines.