The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As the SSE, your software specific responsibilities will include:
• Review, track, and assess software changes for hazard impacts, maintain and update software safety hazard analyses, and document the analyses
• Develop and maintain analysis tools to trace software safety analyses to software development and software change products
• Develop and validate tools that extract information from databases and output readable formats for Customer review. Being familiar with software engineering fundamentals to include software design and development will be critical
You will also perform the following tasks:
• Functional Hazard Analyses (FHAs)
• Prepare presentations and participate in Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Program Management Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and various working groups and safety review panel meetings
• Support the development of System Safety documents to support Customer, Range Safety, and contractual requirements
• Review and approve test procedures for alignment to System Safety requirements
• Participate in the testing of safety critical software units/requirements
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Engineering or Computer Science related discipline
* Knowledgeable of software development practices.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to interface with Customer and Program Management
* Must be able to work occasional overtime in support of weekend and off-hour activities
* Ability to obtain a security clearance to at least the Secret level
* Experience performing Functional Hazard Analyses (FHAs)
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of System Safety design and operations safety principles to include experience with hazard identification, analysis, risk mitigation and associated deliverable documentation
* Demonstrated ability in developing technical baseline for System Safety efforts and identifying safety critical hardware & software
* Basic understanding of MIL-STD-882 and demonstrated knowledge supporting full program life cycle System Safety products and analyses
* Software development experience
* Knowledgeable of C++/Ada programming languages
* Knowledge of Windows, Unix, and/or Linux
* Knowledge of IBM Rational Tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rhapsody)
* Knowledge of IBM DOORS or other requirement management databases
* Experience supporting Flight Test Operations and Army Material Release requirements
* Demonstrated experience in working directly with the Army or MDA Customer Safety Leads, MDA/THAAD Quality & Safety Program Office Leadership, and Customer Program Leadership
* Current Secret-level security clearance
* Resourcefulness, creativity, and the ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects under minimal supervision