Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise.
Your responsibilities as our SSE will also include the following tasks:
• Develop the System Safety Program Plan and program system safety strategy in accordance with MIL-STD-882E.
• Develop and/or update Preliminary Hazard List (PHL), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Functional Hazard Analyses (FHAs), System Hazard Analyses (SHA), and Safety Assessment Reports (SAR)
• Prepare presentations and participate in Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, and various working groups and safety review meetings
• Support the development and updating of System Safety documents to support Customer and Range Safety contractual requirements
• Review and provide input to test procedures for adherence to System Safety requirements
• Coordinate with test range safety teams and writing range safety reports to support testing
• Collaborate with Navy safety counterparts and support weapon systems working groups
You will use your system safety experience to evaluate hardware and software ensuring mission success with occasional travel being required. This position will require frequent interaction with multiple external and internal customers.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MIL-STD-882 and its associated System Safety Tasks
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of System Safety design and operations safety principles to include experience with hazard identification, analysis, risk mitigation and associated deliverable documentation
• Demonstrated ability in identifying safety critical hardware and software
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments with team members, development organizations and customers
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with Hypersonic and/or Glide Body Strike technology development
• Experience working with DOD customers (US Navy)
• Current Secret clearance