As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and manage system safety processes and products for the design of sub-orbital and orbital spacecraft and launch vehicles and facilities. You must have a passion for mission assurance, a commitment to the fundamentals of system safety, and a strong capacity to work collaboratively on complex and interesting new problems. You will report to the Director of Safety and Mission Assurance.This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Implement and maintain system safety processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Train and coach engineers on identifying and analyzing system safety risks
- Work with systems engineering and subsystem cognizant engineers to identify and verify compliance with system safety requirements.
- Evaluate and perform reviews of system safety analyses including FHAs, FMECAs, FTAs, and Human Error Assessments.
- Perform compliance assessment of our system safety processes and products against external standards including Range Safety, NASA, FAA, MIL-STD-882, or ARP-4761.
- Generate metrics and report on program system safety status
- Participate in actively maintaining a healthy system safety culture
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in aerospace engineering or related field
- 5+ years engineering experience in the aerospace industry with 3+ years system safety or reliability engineering experience performing FHAs, PSSAs, FMEA/FMECAs, FTAs, & CCAs
- Strong system safety and mission assurance fundamentals
- Experience interpreting and assessing compliance to regulatory requirements and guidance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience performing compliance assessments and tailoring of FAA and Range Safety launch system requirements
- Experience with a variety of complex aerospace or launch vehicle systems
- Process ownership and maintenance experience