Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- Reviews launch vehicle and space vehicle system specifications and designs, their associated support equipment and facilities, and functional specifications and operations, to establish safety requirements and complete safety assessments for assigned systems.
- Prepares safety documents (Hazard Analysis Reports, Missile System Pre-launch Safety Packages, Non-Compliances, etc.) as required to support ULA, Space Force, Range Safety, FAA, NASA, NRO, and Commercial customers.
- Evaluates software development and change process to ensure hazard controls are established and maintained.
- Performs independent assessments and provides recommendations to system design and operational procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- May perform audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program.
- May participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and preventive/corrective actions.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 2 - 6 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college or university is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, independent projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to plan and maintain schedule adherence for assigned work scope
- Demonstrated teamwork/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated group presentation skills
- Limited domestic travel may be required (less than 10%)
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, if future business needs require