Seeking System-Level Software Engineers for Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations (CSI), formerly Centers of Innovation’s (COI) offices in Greenville, South Carolina.The site currently has nearly 30 talented engineers and support staff and looks forward to growing the staff this year.The Greer office is a 7,000 square foot facility complete with a fully stocked kitchenette, lab space and a gaming area.Free-lunch days lets you mingle with co-workers and a flexible schedule provides the freedom to balance your work time, play time and family time as you see fit.We will be opening an additional 12,000 square foot office in Greenville in the fall of 2017.Greenville is located in upstate South Carolina and is an attractive location for young people and families alike. Nearby parks provide for beautiful scenery with hiking, biking, and other outdoor opportunities. The Swamp Rabbit trail features 22 miles of walking or bicycling trails from Travelers Rest to Downtown Greenville. Downtown Greenville is filled with locally owned restaurants with great food, shopping, museums, art galleries, children’s activities and museums, and Falls Park on the Reedy.We take our work and our fun seriously.
We refuse any work that isn’t hard and engaging, we make sure our engineers have the tools they need to do their jobs, and we focus on recognizing results. Our research and development projects cover the spectrum of securitytechnologies for computer network operations.Our specialty is in wireless communications for military and embedded systems. What you achieve at COI impacts communication and mission critical systems around the world. If it runs code, somebody in our office has looked at it.
Our System-Level Software Engineers develop custom system level software, including device drivers, firmware, embedded applications, protocol stacks, board support packages, and custom interfaces. You will be responsible for developing and supporting user mode applications, device drivers, and firmware for a wide variety of systems, including networking and communication hardware and software products. These responsibilities include the design and development of protocols and algorithms for a variety of technologies, including USB, PCI, 802.11/WLAN, Ethernet, VoIP, Bluetooth, cellular/wireless, and/or broadband communications. The ability to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction is critical. Projects are undertaken in small teams with close coordination with customers.A typical day may involve extracting firmware from a board, studying disassembly, or writing code to achieve project goals.
- Kernel or driver development for modernWindows or Linux systems
- 6 – 8years developing applications in C or C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong debugging skills using tools like gdb and Windbg
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- 3 or more of the "desired skills" below
- Experience developing embedded systems
- Familiarity with software vulnerabilities
- Proficient with static and dynamic binary analysis techniques
- Knowledge of RTOS internals
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP stacks, RF communications, routing protocols, or others).
- Understanding of exploit mitigations such as DEP and ASLR
- Experience reading and writing assembly (ARM, Intel, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.)
- Experience using JTAGs or other techniques for firmware extraction
- Experience using reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, or objdump
- Experience with multiple Linux distributions (Montavista, Ubuntu, OpenEmbedded, Red Hat, Buildroot, etc.)
- Embedded Linux development for a variety of architectures and board support packages.
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware (device drivers, firmware, embedded systems, etc.)
- Experience developing and debugging real time and multithreaded applications
- Experience performing architectural definition, documentation, and development at the system level
- Experience designing and implementing communication protocols
Qualified applicants may be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required. Qualified applicants must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS government security clearance.
Our interviews are technical. Come prepared to tell us about your technical background and interests as well as to work through some of our questions on awhiteboard. We hope candidates find our questions to be thought provoking, but we don’t ask brain teasers or tricks. This is a chance to have a dialog with our team, and we hope you will enjoy it!
We have similar positions available in FL, MD, VA, TX, GA, and AL.