Job ID: 572837BRSee More
Date posted: Oct. 11, 2021
Locations: Baltimore, Maryland
Description:Our I&T engineers work on early prototype Launching Systems, low-rate production systems, and systems actively deployed with military units
worldwide. Assignments can involve both
hardware and software components within our
complex missile launching systems. Candidates
with an interest in problem solving and
multiple engineering disciplines are preferred.
The candidate will be expected to work
collaboratively with design engineers and field
technicians as well as representatives from
Manufacturing, Quality, Design, and other
engineering disciplines. Tasks for Test engineers on
these projects include:
- Author test plans procedures and standard
- Develop Requirement Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM)
- Execute test events, scenario generation,
running tests on prototype and production
- Perform analysis of test results and prepare
comprehensive system and/or subsystem level
evaluation reports which verify and validate
- Author problem reports describing issues
identified by testing
- Work with system and design engineers to
correct errors in designs based on test failures
Candidate will support systems integration and test and/or electronics or software test tasks for Launcher & Weapon programs including MK41 Vertical Launching System (VLS).
These positions are located in Baltimore, MD. Some travel between Baltimore, MD and Moorestown, NJ will be required prior to permanent move of program from Baltimore to Moorestown New Jersey in mid 2022.
1. Demonstrated experience with System Engineering and Test processes and lifecycle, including Requirements allocation/traceability, and integrated test approach and execution.
2. Candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work with minimal day to day supervision.
3. Candidate must be well organized, take direction well, and be a self-starter willing to seek assignments and guidance.
4. Proven ability of working in a group development environment.
5. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
6. Excellent interpersonal, written, and group communication skills
7. Must be able to travel
1. Familiarity with MK 41 VLS or other Military Missile Launching or Combat Systems
2.Hands on exposure with electrical, mechanical engineering and/or software development test and troubleshooting.
3. Familiarity with or hands on experience with
electrical or mechanical test equipment such as
bench top power supplies, oscilloscopes, digital
multimeters, instrumentation and measurement equipment or data acquisition
4. Professional engineering experience in a
Systems Integration Lab
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Valid through: 12/8/2021