Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Rail (BBR), has been awarded a $697 million contract to undertake electrification of the 52-mile Caltrain rail corridor between San Francisco and San Jose, laying the foundations for the future operation of high speed trains. BBR is seeking a qualified System Integration Manager. This role will be responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for a very large complex solutions and integration. He or she will collaborate with a diverse team of engineers and work in a dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of a project's existing systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- B.S Degree in Construction, Engineering or related field position.
- Minimum of 10 years in rail systems integration involving OCS, traction power, rail signaling, communications, and rail vehicles; general rail systems expertise.
- Understanding of technical systems elements related to CBOSS PTC.
- Expertise in 2x25 kVAC electrification rail transit experience coordinating systems design with multiple rail systems design disciplines, construction contractors, and 3rd party stakeholders including active, operating railroad.
- Systems Integration Lead on at least one rail transit, Design-Build project of similar complexity.
- California PE license.
- Willing to work frequent nights or a weekend work schedule.
- Willing to relocate to Balfour Beatty San Mateo California, if not local.
- Local qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Relevant experience of transit construction management preferred.
- Coordinating and compiling responses to action items.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.