Position Summary: System Integration Engineer
We are looking for a determined, enthusiastic and goal-oriented system integration specialist who is familiar with a card payment processing and has experience in QA test automation. We will work together to improve and automate the overall System Integration Process. You will help us to maintain the quality of Verifone products and integrated solutions by performing SI environment setup and validation, exploration test, automated test execution, test report generation. You will be trained to use and work within Verifone's defined test and validation methodology and standard methodologies to ensure that all Verifone produced solutions meet or exceed Company Quality Standards and customer's expectations.
As an Engineer, you are assigned multiple tasks and/or projects, and you are working in a dynamic, multi-dimensional work environment under general supervision. You possess excellent analytical, social, written, and verbal skills.
"We believe great work comes from incredible people. We've establish a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it's building meaningful client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. We focus on doing the right things right. Let's craft the future of commerce together."
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Your daily work will be prioritized based on business needs, severity of encountered code issues, and project's status. The following is a list of your essential duties and responsibilities:
- You set up integrated test environments and systems, configure products, including hardware, software and databases.
- You execute different types of testing including exploratory, manual, automated and semi-automated functional system integration tests.
- You validate robustness of integrated system to ensure resistance and sturdiness to adverse events.
- You perform software test automation as per test automation plan to make sure that quality of company's core products has been maintained over multiple test regression cycles preventing from degrading over time.
- We will teach you how to conduct performance, volume and stability testing in order to facilitate early identification and correction of performance deviations.
- You are responsible for maintaining existing automated set of test scripts as well as design, develop, execute, and automate new test scripts and test cases.
- We will train you to perform PCI PA-DSS compliance, industry compliance and security control testing.
- You provide an assistance to Customers and Verifone internal resources to perform in-depth problem analysis, determination, and resolution while investigating issues occurring during pilot, user acceptance testing or bank certification.
- You validate updated documentation to ensure project and product related information is up-to-date and available to the company and customer.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- We would like to see a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. A certificate or diploma in Quality Assurance is advantageous.
- You possess 5+ years in Software Quality Assurance including test automation development.
- Working experience in testing, product validation and certification in the card payment or banking industry, and/or the POS and/or petroleum industries is a plus.
- Knowledge of EMV transactions processing and familiarity with EMV test tools is beneficial, however we will provide training if necessary. Experience with the EMV card brand certification is valuable.
- Familiar with Quality Assurance lifecycle processes around test planning, test data management, defect triage/management and reporting, and using tools and techniques to automate regression test and shorten defect lifecycle.
- Experience working with relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle) is beneficial.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system is helpful.
- Experience with test automation languages such as Python and testing and deployment servers such as Jenkins, Bitbucket is ideal.
Your Skills and Abilities
- You possess strong work ethic, good collaboration, reliability, and time management skills, and capable to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- You have excellent problem solving, analytical skills and troubleshooting skills.
- You have effective communication and social skills.
- You seek for new challenges, love learning new skills and gaining a better understanding of our customers and their needs, new technologies and new business models.