With a foundation in computer vision, machine learning, and AI, TuSimple is revolutionizing the logistics industry by creating the first commercially viable L4 fully autonomous trucking solution. With this technology, we aim to create a world where commercial transportation is safer, cost-effective, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
At TuSimple we are looking for an experienced Senior System Diagnostic Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will work cross-functionally with all engineering teams to build one of the most advanced systems operating on the roads. Your passion, determination, and expertise will be key points to overcome obstacles that will lead to a safe and commercially ready self-driving truck.
- Work with the product team to analyze product requirements and distribute them into system architecture and actionable technical requirements.
- Design an architecture taking into consideration all functional objectives, performance, safety and integration constraints.
- Serve as the point of contact for engineering cross-functional teams, partners and vendors
- Synchronize in-vehicle subsystem teams, vendors and other partners to ensure an optimal and coherent end-to-end architecture.
- Design and document autonomous vehicle on-board and off-board connectivity solutions
- Champion technical design reviews to maintain up to date specifications using our corporate engineering management tools
- Collaborate with internal teams to propose evaluation and proof-of-concept of connected services.
- Build, author, review and approve system design documents.
- Support contract negotiation with product dependency systems, partners and vendors
- Provide guidance and inputs for feature design verification plans and review test plan execution.
- Support system program design, validation and production launch milestones and deliverables
- Work with partners to ensure agreement on privacy/legal, security and safety issues
- Take initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements
- Report progress and issues to the system engineering manager and project managers
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or related field
- At least 15 years experience in the development of connected systems.
- Experience with in-vehicle component-level system design and integration
- Background using automotive network technologies (e.g., CAN, Ethernet), networking fundamentals (e.g., TCP/IP, IPv4/6), V2X, in-vehicle embedded telematics technology, body & security electronic systems architecture.
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine (M2M) and IoT technologies (e.g., MQTT, gRPC)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Hand-on experience on system interfaces, feature functionality,feature/system architecture, test methods and procedures design
- Ability to drive DFMEAs
- Familiarity with general security postures in connected devices
- Experience capturing designs using standard modelling tools (e.g., UML, SysML)
- Strong communication, analytical, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Ability to handle changing demands from internal and external customers
- Ability to build Greenfield solution while navigating the unknowns
- Experience developing within an Agile environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous driving or safety electronics systems experience
- Functional safety process ISO 26262
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance