The System Integration Engineer for software and computer systems will support design, development, and integration of next-generation computer systems, machine control and system software infrastructure for the creation and control of EUV light. S/he will need to be able to perform analysis, verification, and trouble-shooting on computer hardware and software. The engineer will also be responsible for data collection, data analysis, system integration and validation, debugging, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations. S/he will represent the software and computer system projects in San Diego and serve as an interface to the design projects based in the Netherlands.
- Represent ASML Netherlands development & engineering projects in San Diego.
- Support project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to gain alignment and share knowledge.
- Provide a broad computer engineering background to create test plans, secures system test time, assemble test hardware and perform validation testing of computer systems, machine control and system software infrastructure.
- Review requirements, specifications, software release documents, issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Provides system administrative knowledge for issue resolution of software and computer systems.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers and QA engineers to resolve quality issues.
- Assists with driving full documentation including sequences, procedures, bill of materials (BOM) and drawings.
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects on new module and software releases.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service and Manufacturing personnel.
- Audit engineering changes (EC) and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego.
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability.
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot systems (<20%)
- Work according to safety rules & report near misses and safety issues accurately & immediately.
- Effectively works & prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, System Administration or related, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree. No experience is required with a Master’s Degree, but some experience is preferred.
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus.
- Experience with common computer system hardware such as storage devices, controller boards, shelf managers and Cisco devices.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (Python, C++).
- Experience with scriptinglanguages (Python, Bash).
- Experience with Linux system administration tasks (Red Hat/CentOS preferred).
- Experience with version control software (SVN or similar).
- Experience with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to develop trouble-shooting guide/action plans.
- Flexibility, when needed, in work schedule including alternating weekend, day and night shifts and travel to oversees customer sites at short notice (<20%).