Job ID: 570176BRSee More
Date posted: Sep. 18, 2021
Locations: Boulder, Colorado
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dedicated System Integration Engineer to join the OPIR team in Boulder, Colorado. This position is in support of the GNOME program, responsible for system level integration and test of the next generation ground architecture with existing satellite assets. This program will lay the foundation for the upcoming transition of the full SBIRS satellite constellation to a new ground architecture.
In this role, you will :
- Develop test approaches, objectives, and procedures
- Work closely with the government and other contractors to ensure system readiness for test
- Execute integration and test activities in lab environments and at the operational site
- Work closely with government and other contractor representatives on resolution of system issues
Travel along the Front Range of Colorado will be required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with testing and problem solving for integrated systems
- Current Secret security clearance
- Experience with SBIRS constellation command and control and mission management
- System level Integration and Test experience with satellite and ground systems
- Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
- Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Valid through: 11/14/2021