The ideal candidate will have a strong background in: Linux kernel development, networking, Android app development (Java and native), multi-threading and concurrency, software testing and debugging, and embedded system development (hardware, firmware, and software).
The candidate should demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be willing to actively participate in field testing and evaluation of system performance. An aptitude for software and system debugging is a must. The candidate must possess strong attention to detail and should be able to perform hands-on lab work, including detailed electronics assembly and SMT rework.
Otherresponsibilities include assisting in preparation of training materials for end user evaluations, oral and written reports, and supporting R&D business acquisition and customer briefings. Engineers / scientists who are passionate about applying their expertise to solve problems of national importance, who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and who are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong foundation in C/C++ and Java software development.
- Strong foundation in the use of design patterns in object oriented programming.
- Strong foundation developing software for Linux platforms.
- Background in systems engineering and hardware / software integration.
- Experience in the use of common lab equipment, including power supplies, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Strong foundation in electronics integration, bring-up, and test, including white wiring and SMT rework.
- Familiar with software version control tools, especially Git.
- Must possess a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- US Citizenship (Applicants selected will be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in driver and kernel module development for Linux platforms.
- Experience in microcontroller firmware development.
- Familiar with CMake build management tool.
- Experienced in the use of MATLAB and/or Python.
- Strong foundation in efficient implementation of algorithms in C/C++ on multi-core CPU and GPU processors.
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs.
- Experience with FPGA development using VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Work in real-time, parallel and distributed computing.
- Prior / existing security clearance.
- Experience with Android software development, especially using the Android NDK.