System Integration and Test Engineer (CyberSecurity)
US and coalition military forces count on ViaSat for secure satellite and wireless networking systems and services that deliver reliable, affordable communications beyond the reach of traditional wired networks. During the chaos of combat, warfighters need fast, secure communications and instant access to information. ViaSat helps warfighters and commanders access and share trusted intel from any location to make better decisions faster. As the world's leading experts in high-capacity satellite communications, military-grade cybersecurity, and line-of-sight data links, we apply fearless innovation, unconventional thinking, and ingenuity to bring game-changing, life-saving capabilities to warfighters on the battlefield. No matter where the mission goes across air, land, or sea, ViaSat keeps service members connected with real-time access to video, voice, and data communications.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working with cutting-edge SATCOM and networking technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference? If so, come join our Global Mobile Broadband team as a Systems Integration and Test Engineer and be integral to supporting new and existing satellite global networks. We are developing technology and products that are revolutionizing the satellite communications industry by providing unprecedented speed, coverage and security to mobile platforms across the globe.
In this role you will be part of the engineering team specifically focused on integration and test of solutions for the constantly evolving network and security needs. You will work closely with software, hardware and other test engineers to design, integrate and troubleshoot the system networking infrastructure. You will also be involved in ensuring the network is secure by evaluating the latest IAVMs and STIGs, developing remediation measures for the various system components such as switches, routers, enterprise VM servers, network traffic managers, and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- 3+ years’ Systems Integration and Test or related experience (e.g., Information Technology, Information Security)
- Strong networking knowledge: TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, AAA
- Solid working knowledge of Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with scripting (i.e., Python, Bash, or other)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- U.S. Government position. US Citizenship required
- Knowledge of cybersecurity (STIGs and RMF)
- Identity and access management
- Host Based Security Systems
- Windows and Linux system administration experience
- Security operations
- Routers/switch administration (e.g., CCNA)
- Software development security
- COMPTIA Security+, Network+ or CASP
- Current Active Secret Clearance
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people in a fast-paced, exciting environment. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, ViaSat might be a fit for you!
Drive your career to ViaSat where every day you know your expertise makes a difference to the company, your team and our customers! If you are excited by this opportunity, submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat.