Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) is growing its business and needs experienced professionals to take us to the next level.
Selected candidate will join the F35 Sustainment team as an Senior Staff Systems Engineer overseeing the development of Training Systems proposal and subcontract activities.
In this capacity the successful candidate will provide lead the development and submission of complex, large scale domestic and/or international proposals.
These complex proposals are typically composed of multiple volumes, multiple teammates/subcontractors, U.S. Government participation, international and virtual teams.
Effective leadership qualities are essential for building a cohesive proposal team that delivers a compelling, compliant and winning proposal.
The System Engineering Capture Lead is accountable for ensuring roles and responsibilities are identified and followed, schedule is met, and obstacles are anticipated and mitigated.
The System Engineering Capture Lead is an integral member of the Capture Team supporting up front shaping efforts, Win Strategy development and Customer Value Proposition (CVP). Leads the development of key proposal messages. Support development of Capture Plan and Contact Plan.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the Proposal Plan for unusually complex campaigns/capture efforts requiring a high degree of ingenuity, including identification of the need for in-house and/or consultant resources, on large, complex or strategic "must win" competitive proposals.
Ensure the Proposal Plan integrates and supports the Win Strategy and that the program themes/discriminators (key messages) are incorporated into the proposal.
Responsible for ensuring that proposal documentation is responsive to and compliant with acquisition instructions (Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Contract, Research and Development (CRADs).
Implement and manage the Proposal Process while managing/supervising the proposal development team.
Responsible to burst/parse the solicitation documents, create annotated outline, support author creation of modspecs, storymaps, AMUs, full text and graphics. Able to lead CVPs as well as Pink/Red Team reviews.
Working directly with Campaign Lead/Capture Manager, Program Manager, and LM Aero Senior Management, tailor the Proposal Process to the particular campaign/RFP to support winning within the constraints of the effort.
Provide regular status to Senior Management. Develop and own the proposal schedule including establishing appropriate reviews.
Lead and manage the proposal team's involvement in post-submittal activities such as Evaluation Notices (ENs), Best and Final Offer (BAFO), orals, lessons learned, etc.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
- Experience working proposal/capture efforts.
- Experience implementing standard proposal processes or procedures.
- Experience leading competitive strategic proposals ($5 to $500M range or has been a Book Boss/Volume lead on a significant proposals.
- Combined communication/technical (proposal process) acumen is required. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Power Point. Experienced with and comfortable using SharePoint and version control.
- Experience using strong team leadership and interpersonal skills requiring minimal direction.
- May be needed to travel as required as for this position.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experienced with SharePoint and version control.
- Ability to work in an ad hoc group without formal management lines of authority.
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition System process a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong team leadership and interpersonal skills requiring minimal direction. Ability to manage diverse teams.