System Engineer, Windows
We’re seeking a great new team member to be part of our infrastructure group. You will work on many interesting and challenging projects together as we develop and create some pretty amazing automation technology. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and interesting projects ahead. You will be joining our company at a pivotal time as we bring automation and new technologies to our operations and infrastructure groups.
Your responsibilities lie in three main categories:
- First tier support for production issues on a broad range of systems. Some new and shiny, some old and brittle, but all equally important.
- Maintain 99.9% uptime
- Track, troubleshoot and document production issues. Provide root cause analysis, working closely with other infrastructure teams as needed.
- Be the go to support for important internal business units
- Participate in on-call rotation. We dislike pagers, too. Help us make it better.
Platform Delivery with a DevOps perspective:
- Act as a liaison between Development and Operations to foster a common toolset, and strive to move towards infrastructure as a service.
- Evolve and maintain a continuous delivery framework that allows infrastructure teams to deploy to production with minimal service disruptions.
- Automate many infrastructure tasks that are done manually today.
- Ensure all configuration changes are version controlled, and configuration deployment is automated.
- Further automation and scripting so you are removed from the direct path, and provide push buttons to the teams that need them.
Improvements with a DevOps perspective:
- Address technical debt.
- Provide operational input to technical discussions, and (re)shape the technical landscape.
- Prototype, demonstrate, and package new technology as needed for internal projects or company directives.
- Proactively find ways to improve the experience we can offer our customers from an IT perspective
- Script-up new tools, and manage and improve existing ones.
- Document, share knowledge, and train/mentor your peers wherever needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible Windows administration
- Candidate must have significant technical background, and experience with Windows Server OS: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2008, 2012 2016.
- Strong knowledge supporting SCCM and Active Directory
- A working understanding of code and script (PowerShell, PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Solid working knowledge of configuration management tools. Ability to write Chef recipes/cookbooks and Ansible playbooks (Puppet/salt stack are acceptable alternatives).
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms.