The position will be responsible for system, electronic, thermal, mechanicaldesign engineering, during validations, optimization and debugging for the varieties of the server systems in Super Micro Computer.
The candidate provides the leadership roles in reviewing the electronic, mechanical or thermal design engineering.
- 1. Collaborate with System PM and System designers to define and review new product system architecture.
- 2. Perform system design review from concept, prototype to final product.
- 3. Work closely with others electrical/mechanical/thermal engineers to review designs for the complete system.
- 4.Report and drive to resolve any system leveldesignissue.
Welcome talent engineer who is full of passion, good communication skill and is always willing to learn. Detail oriented, responsible and dedicated attitude, and an outstanding personality are traits highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Good ODM/OEM system design knowledge for server solution and industry design standards
- Review develops system requirements and create high quality, detailed product architecture specifications and check list.
- Responsible and Coordinate for the product system level of electronic or mechanical or thermal or mechanicaldesign engineering.
- Review board level and system level design to identify any potential system issue and drive resolution.
- Perform case study or/and FA and provide issue resolution recommendation.
- Technical support for urgent case by request.
- Support system PM to evaluate/review system design details, including power consumption's, air flow, solution characteristics, temperature sensors and related design validation of system thermals.
- Familiar with thermal design process/analysis in component level and system level.
- Reviews the system mechanicalarchitecture 2D/3D design drawings (GD&T), identifying the critical dimensions, performing a tolerance stack analyses.
- Works with component PMs (chassis, connectors, and cards) to develop subsystem and system-level performance specifications to meet customer’s requirements.
- Performs finite element (FE) simulations and related testing from concept evaluations to design functional verifications (when needed).
- Coordinates with Lab and other system validation teams to qualify the system with the final tooling chassis and related component designs at system integration phase of the system development 7. Before Beta release (FAI/Cpk).
- Reviews any proposed mechanical engineering changes (ECs).
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual and a great team player
- BSEE 5+ years of developing Intel/AMD server system architecture from concept to implementation. Prefer 10 years designexperience.
- Experience in system level design and architectures: electronics, thermal, mechanical, development and analysis, system reliability, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge and hands-on of PCB design, high-speed electricaldesign, and voltage regulator design.
- Familiar with oscilloscope and other lab equipment.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skill.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Thermal or Mechanical Engineering discipline and Master's degree in engineering is a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience in server/storage/blade ODM/OEM design and validation. 8+ years of experience is preferred.
- Require server knowledge/experience of the system design process and thermal design/management, heat transfer material, cooling devices.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, solid communication skills in both verbal and written.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of mechanicaldesign engineering experience of electro-mechanical components and systems. Experiences with computer mechanicalarchitecturepreferred.
- Hands-on experience and working knowledge with computer aided design (CAD) software package (PTC or CREO preferred).
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), experiences in tolerance stackup analysis a plus.
- Experiences in FE simulation and/or mechanical testing.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.]