Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.System Engineer - SMEPerspecta has an immediate need for a System Engineer - SME in Eagan, MN; St. Louis, MO; San Francisco, CA; Wilkes-Barre, PA or Raleigh, NC.
- Acts independently under general direction.
- Provide technical assistance and advice on complex activities.
- Formulate / define specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems.
- Apply analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions and developing procedures to resolve the problems.
- Develop complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs.
- Analyze methods of approach.
- Review task proposal requirements, gather information, analyze data, prepare project synopses, compare alternatives, prepare specifications, resolve processing problems, coordinate work withprogrammers and engineers and orient users to new systems.
- Work with considerable freedom to make decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used.
- Prepare recommendations for system improvement for management and user consideration.
- Perform all functional duties independently.
- Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Required:Adegree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline ispreferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in system engineering, software development or related field.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive experience in software systems development, systems integration and/or network engineering of complex information systems/subsystems.
- Capable of incorporating vendor engineering releases and utilities in designs;
- Ability to effectively consult with affected stakeholders to provide advice, define needs/challenges or make recommendations for improvement.
- Extensive experience in software requirements elicitation and scope definition and subsequent development of complete specification(s) and design documents.
- Strong experience in applying analytical techniques to gather information from users, define work problems, design a software solution and/or develop procedures to resolve the work problems.
- Considerable experience reviewing task proposal requirements, gathering information, analyzing data, preparing task/project synopses, performing comparative analyses, preparing specifications, resolving processing problems, coordinating work withdevelopers and orienting users.
- Excellent communication skills.