The Boeing Company’s Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) Mission Systems Capability is seeking Senior Engineers to work with junior engineers designing, developing and integrating the communication, navigation, datalink, audio distribution systems for surveillance aircraft and ground systems, ESM processing and related passive tracking functions including technical subcontract management. The engineer will work with the Communications/Navigation Systems, Mission Computing Hardware, Radar and IFF (Identification, Friend or Foe) Avionics Solutions, and Electronic Surveillance Measures (ESM) teams to support the Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) programs for our Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) and Advanced Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) customers.
• Develop architectures to integrate the communication subsystems into various platforms, foreign and domestic.
• Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements.
• Identify opportunities to improve the system performance and maintenance.
• Develop new and improved modeling and simulation techniques.
• Develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
• Develop and execute critical tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
• Analyze and translate requirements into system, hardware / software designs and interface specifications.
• Test to verify system designs to meet operational and functional requirements.
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
• Oversees subcontractor design, development, integration, testing and delivery of hardware, software and systems.
• Review supplier detail design and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
• Provide support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve issues.
• Field and respond to customer hardware and software problems.
Strike, Surveillance and Mobility (SSM) is one of the world's largest providers of military airpower, serving the United States and allied nations, while continuing to expand globally with steady growth in international sales. SSM encompasses a portfolio of strike-fighter, surveillance and mobility platforms, including the AWACS, AEW&C, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, EA-18G Growler, F-15 Eagle, P-8 and executive fleet aircraft. The SSM team is also responsible for the modernization and modification of several U.S. Department of Defense and international aircraft programs, including various surveillance and reconnaissance, head of state and bomber aircraft.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Applicants must possess a solid foundation in working with system and software architectures for complex aerospace systems.
• Candidates must have a genuine interest in working on large complex systems.
• Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
• Strong collaborative skills and excellent leadership, written and verbal communication skills are required.
• The selected candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment (usually between multiple sites).
• Bachelors/Masters/Doctors Degree in Software, Electrical or System Engineering and 10+ years’ experience in aerospace avionics development or support in any/all parts of a program from proposal development through integration and test.
• Experience in the governments DODAF architecture constructs and architecture modeling tools desired.
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.