Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals who need homes. Founded in 1996, it is now owned by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.
With over 100 million pet-loving visitors to Petfinder.com each year, the website remains the leading online database that links prospective adopters with adoptable pets. Its dense network of nearly 14,000 animal welfare associations and pet shelters has facilitated millions of pet adoptions throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Our System Engineer (SE) will be accountable to plan, design, document, and engineer/implement the online network and server infrastructure of Pertfinder.com. The SE is responsible to partner with management, project managers, and leads to plan and implement projects, as well as administer any upkeep and/or configurations of the reliable, fault tolerant networks and systems.
- Leading training and knowledge sharing across the technical team
- In coordination with the Lead Developer, manages code configuration management and performs productions releases
- Collaborates with other team leads on process improvements to improve overall team efficiency
- Responsible and accountable to management for system performance and availability
- Tracks and seeks to improve performance metrics
- Drives process improvement initiatives
SKILLS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nginx/Apache configuration
- MySQL 5.6/5.7 server administration
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience (i.e. CloudFormation, EC2, Autoscaling, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudFront, S3, RDS)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux compatible experience
- Git (experience with release management a plus)
- Networking, firewalls, network access control, routing, domain name systems (DNS)
- Strong shell scripting skills
- Chef configuration management (or equivalent)
- Ruby, Python, or Bash Shell languages
- Perl, installing CPAN modules, familiarity with mod_perl
- Experience building and installing open source software
- Network File System (NFS)
This role is aremoteopportunity, although the headquarters are located in downtown St. Louis, MO.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Experience in configuring and managing Nginx required
- Experience in Linux system administration required
- 3 plus years’ infrastructureexperiencesupporting AWS high availability & fault tolerance architecturerequired
- Experience utilizing automated system configuration tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, or equivalent tools) preferred
- Knowledge of version control utilities (Git, SVN, Tortoise SVN) preferred
- Experience using Ruby or Python preferred
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Job Number 18004130