Dialog Semiconductor is a leading provider of integrated circuits (ICs) that power mobile devices and the Internet of Things. Dialog solutions are integral to some of today’s leading mobile devices and the enabling element for increasing performance and productivity on the go. From making smartphones more power efficient and shortening charging times, enabling home appliances to be controlled from anywhere, to connecting the next generation of wearable devices, Dialog’s decades of experience and world-class innovation help manufacturers get to what’s next.
As part of our continued growth, we seek a System Engineer.
Working in Mobile Systems Business Group based in Santa Clara, CA, you will:
• Provide customer and market insight and technical feedback to ensure that the Dialog products strategy is understood and aligned within Dialog BG expansion and growth plans.
• Drive system level analysis of customer products to: (i) identify new opportunities (ii) strive for new IP developments (iii) identify customer needs and future trends.
• Conduct the competitive analysis, teardowns, electrical analysis to ensure a value proposition of Dialog’s products and contribute to differentiation of future products.
• Define new IPs and products, down to single functions and electrical parameters.
• Consolidate and bring new concepts for innovative systems and IPs. This includes simulations and measurements of ICs and complex systems.
• Drive the innovation at system level to solve complex existing and future customer application issues. This includes the definition and development of supporting material (EVMs, software tools)
• Make technical presentations to lead customer and internal teams. Be part of the customer meeting for RFQ, ERS and specification reviews.
• Work closely with cross functional teams inside and outside Dialog.
• Engage with Dialog advanced technology/process/package teams to investigate state-of-the-art solutions for future products.
What we are looking for
• Substantial demonstrable technical and commercial competence in a system engineering role within a global analogue/mixed signal semiconductor supplier.
• In-depth knowledge of portable consumer markets, key players and trends.
• Preferred solid background as analogue/mixed signal IC designer for audio and power management.
• Familiarity with simulation-related EDA tools (Cadence, Spice, Matlab, etc.) for block and system modeling.
• Capability of conducting lab analysis, electrical performance measurements, system level investigations.
• Leadership skills, goal-driven ability to set clear objectives and measure results.
• Excellent communication and personal relationship skills.
• Able to establish and maintain close relationships with customer, key field team and engineering teams.
• Self-motivated, able to complete complex tasks working independently, able to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner.
• Versatility, flexibility to switch and work on tasks with different natures, capability to learn quickly new necessary competences when required, “can do” attitude.
Dialog in California
Working for Dialog in our California offices, you’ll be placed in the heart of the Semiconductor industry in Silicon Valley. With 250+ sunny days a year, you’ll benefit from the close proximity to Santa Cruz and Monterey Beach, and the many activities and national attractions that draw professionals to the 3rd largest state in the USA. As part of our team in California, you’ll be joining a truly multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us?
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to enjoy 9 successive years of double digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With sustainable growth on a global scale planned for 2017, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.