The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Systems Engineer Sr position is a part of the Weapon Systems, Integration, and Test (WSEIT) System Integration team on the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program. The engineer will report to the System Integration Manager.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create and checkout THAAD missile defense scenarios
- Run high fidelity digital simulation tools
- Create, update, and execute scripts to extract data output
- Analyze weapon system performance data from HWIL Tests
- Perform flight test pre- and post-mission analysis
- Support system Test Readiness Reviews and SRB Boards
- Communicate with other organizations, the hardware-in-the-loop team, and the customer
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related technical
discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with scripting language(s) to execute
and support tool development and data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (i.e.,
PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership and customer
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Secret security clearance
- Ballistic Missile Defense System design,
development, or analysis
- Medium or high fidelity simulations and execution of
system performance assessments
- Scripting experience with Matlab, Unix, Linux
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First
Job ID: 460953BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2018