Description of Position:
- Write/run scripts to support installation, configuration and maintenance of networkswitches, servers and systems for both test and deployed systems
- Diagram planning to include rack/elevations
- Write test plans/procedures
- Run patch installs
- Support STN/STE requirements
- Review System Security Plans
- Kick and deploy server applications
- Configure applications to use the messaging infrastructure
- Run messaging verification tests
- Maintain system updates with the current deployment information
- Support/monitor metrics pages to isolate issues
- Support monitoring of beacons for daily system troubleshooting
- Specific knowledge and ability to trace and resolve issues with associated hosts, hosting platforms, mission software, security and documenting identified resolutions are key functions of this position.
Education and Experience Required:
- Skills to support and sustain current and future lab and live/dev and operational systems; ability to install, kick, applysecurity patches and provide software loading on deployed hardware (IBM, Dell, HP, CISCO, others)
- Ability to build (rack and stack), lab and live/dev systems (e.g. servers, blades, switch)
- Administrator skills for hardware/software, firmware, front-end and remote systems
- Experience with server hardening review/scripts to support deployment
- Experience with ssh, bash, Linux, and Redhat
- Experience with network hardware, administration and configuration, routing requirements, mission hosting, IP spreadsheets and allocation
- Experience with domain name service, Network Time Protocols, enterprise messaging, and file forwarding service
- Note: Experience – indicates ability to perform the above activities
Candidate must be able to work independently.
Primary responsibilities include engineering support for network configurations, deployment (loading of software), patching and troubleshooting deployed software and hardware on a variety of servers and switches: (Cisco switches, Dell and HP servers).
Position requires resolution of connectivity issues between lab, live/dev and production system, system-to-system (application/interface), end-to-end thread, network switch installs/configurations and rack/stack/install of various servers and switch components.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- CCA not considered