Description of Position:
- This Active Directory position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modernWindows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment. It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support
- Supports system deployments as it relates to Active Directory and other Microsoft Enterprise components, such as: Group Policy Objects, DNS, DHCP, and KMS
- Prepares documentation for infrastructure changes and participates in meetings to discuss and obtain approvals for changes
- Develops and maintains documentation for Active Directory and other Microsoft Enterprise components
- Completes network monitoring and deployment reports and/or metrics as determined by the customer
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
Education and Experience Required:
Candidate must possess 8570 certification.
Required Education & Experience: High School/GED +12years’ experience OR Associates +10years’ experience OR Bachelors + 8years’ experience OR Masters + 6 years’ experience OR Doctorate + 3 years' experience.
Candidate must have experience in the following: SCCM Active Directory Build Services GPOs MBAM Knowledge UE-V Knowledge Scripting - particularly Power Schell Essential Job Functions
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work both independently and in teams
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments
- After-hour call-ins are possible; must be available for on-call support.
- Although not currently anticipated, there is a possibility of NON-hostile area travel (CONUS & OCONUS); must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 5%.
- Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Top Skills Required:
-Active Directory design and administration
-Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
-System Integration - Cloud
-Experience managing Microsoft Server technologies
-Experience with Domain Controller/DNS provisioning and maintenance; DHCP server provisioning and maintenance (to include scope provisioning); and KMS server provisioning and maintenance for OS licenses and Office licenses
- Nice-To-Have Skills:
-Quest ActiveRole Server administration