Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of a System Engineer I (Mid Shift) for an existing government client. The place of performance is in Alexandria, VA. The shift is from 1515 to 0000.
MUST HAVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of
- STAC notification (during business hours), personally follow-up on any urgent action.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
- Perform Tier I troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
- Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
- Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization, and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
- Post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with shortcut to desktop of each terminal (print PDF report from post database).
- Daily management of the NOC- take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
- Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
- A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least two IT certifications such as A+, CCNA, Network+, etc.
- Minimum two years hands-on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment.
- Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus.
- Have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices.