The Infrastructure System Engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration, and support of the systems that comprise many web entities. The ideal candidate will be an automation expert that has hands-on experience developing operational based tools, primarily supporting Linux/Unix based systems with a focus on reliability and repeatability, preferably in support of highly available web applications. Infrastructure is currently a combination of cloud based infrastructure, on premise, and SaaS offerings. Experience with Azure and AWS preferred.
- Expert level experience with Linux & Unix (Red Hat and Solaris preferred)
- Expert with both Windows and Linux/Unix based web servers (Apache, IIS, etc)
- Strong experience with system automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- J2EE Application Server Experience (Jboss, Glassfish, Jrun, ColdFusion, Tomcat)
- Experience building custom infrastructure support tools to automate production processes.
- Fluent in various scriptingtechnologies (Shell, Python, Perl, etc) used for deployments and system administration tasks.
- Experience with PCI Compliance, Intrusion detection and security scanning.
- Knowledgeable of modernnetworking systems including load balanced architectures
- Experience maintaining and deploying software to large enterprise server farms
- Knowledge of software version control and ticketing system (SVN, GIT, etc)
- Working knowledge of load balanced web architectures.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, or MRTG.
- Preferredexperience with log collection and search tools (Splunk, Logstash, Greylog, etc)
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively identify possible issues and suggest corrective action
- Play an integral role in engineering and architecting a fully automated web environment with a focus on stability, repeatability, consistency across all tiers.
- Evaluate, develop and recommend tools and services to build and configure operating systems, deploy software, and centrally maintain configuration.
- Administration of multiple dev, test, & production web applications and E-commerce systems.
- Monitor and report on availability and performance of web servers and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot performance problems at every level of the stack (Network, OS, Java, etc)
- Execute hardware, software and OS installations/upgrades in a managed and repeatable fashion.
- Assist the server team with support, building procedures and future planning; collaborate with other functional teams planning for upgrades and installations.
- Manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines. Must be able to work equally well independently and in a team environment.