A System Engineer is accountable for the success of multiple Consumer development projects. This role will organize, lead, monitor, and follow-up a cross functional team built for each individual tire development program. This role will also work cross-functionally to resolve conflict, plan and sure appropriate resources exist, and report up to the management team.
Accountable for the success of multiple Consumer development projects
A. Planning and Organizing
1. Planning and scheduling resource requirements needed for projects and negotiating with support departments to obtain commitments and timing.
2. Forms and organizes a cross functional team around the various projects
3. Maintains relationships with team members and functional leaders to ensure accountabilities are being met.
4. Identifies critical issues to management that impact development programs so that they are clearly understood and addressed
5. Works with functional leaders and peers to establish prioritization plans to meet timelines and objectives.
6. Represents product development to the business in high level review meetings including Detroit-Akron and Job1 meetings.
7. Obtains detailed understanding of customer targets, timelines, milestones, and quality gates.
B. Technical Communications/Reporting
1. Represents the group in meetings within BFPD and with other departments within Bridgestone.
2. Coordinates and conducts design reviews and management reviews.
3. Presents/reports to management status of projects ensuring that critical bottlenecks, countermeasures and risks are addressed.
4. Identifies performance or timing risks to the program and elevates to upper management.
5. Coordinates and conducts internal target/gap review meetings with the relevant cross functional project team.
6. Training and developing less experienced teammates to maximize potential improvement performance and promotability.
C. Technical Functions
1. Lead the establishment of the plan to meet customer performance and timing objectives.
2. Utilizes resources as required to meet customer objectives
3. Advises management of project status and suggests long and short-range project plans
4. Delegates responsibility and authority to achieve objectives.
5. Establishes new procedures – analytical and clerical.
D. Conflict Resolution/ Prioritization (with no supervision)
1. Maintains and grows strong relationships with team members and leaders
2. Able to interact with high level leaders in a clear and productive manner
3. Utilizes interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts
4. Prioritizes activity to maximize effectiveness in meeting customer targets.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience or a Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 7+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree and 5 years of experience, automotive industry experience, project management experience
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities