- Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability of the IT Security environment.
- Contribute to the IT Security design and leading in IT Security tool implementations.Contribute in the technical support of the IT Security environment and associated applications
- Coordinate and provide assistance with end-user support, trouble ticket resolution, security tool configuration, and process/procedural updates
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the scheduling, testing, and implementation of enhancements or new releases of security tool features
- Manage the hardening of IT Security systems and applications
- Work with team members to solve complex issues
- Work with team members to understand and implement IT Security tools
- Mentor junior team members
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of experience in the IT Security field or a related area. Strong analytical skills. Securing Windows, Linux, and Mac environments in production environments. In-depth knowledge of security tools such as firewalls, web proxy servers, vulnerability scanners, DLP, malware scanners, disk encryption, SIEM, etc. System hardening (application securing, CIS benchmarks, RBAC, or similar).
Strong familiarity with standard ITSM processes. Experience with scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell. Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model. Knowledge of security controls frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001, or CIS Critical Security Controls. Experience working with SOC and Incident Response teams.
Strong familiarity or experience with the administration, securing, hardening, patching or maintenance of one or more server, network, or application platforms such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Cisco, Juniper, Apache, IIS, various Middleware platforms, secure software development environments, cloud platforms or other relevant technology areas. Healthcare experience, understanding of the OSI model, and knowledge of system communication and networking protocols, TCP and IP, VLANs, VPNs, and general routing and switching is a plus. Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Proficiency with coding languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with process automation and integrating different applications
- Good Linux / Unix skills (candidate should be comfortable with working in a shell / command-line environment)
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network communication and routing protocols (candidate should have an understanding of how systems communicate via TCP/IP)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter able to take on new and challenging work while expanding knowledge in network security
Systems Security or Administration certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, Linux+, Security+, Network+, Cloud+, CCNA, or CCSA are preferred.
This position will be supporting a Federal government contract, therefore it requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.