Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon's best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a System Engineer to provide general engineering support on well-defined engineering problems; formulate systems scope and objectives; analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, and devise or modify procedures to solve problems using data processing and networking subsystems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for feasibility studies, systems design, and implementation to develop new and modify the company's information processing systems based on the overall business strategies
- Develops, plans, and implements the overall strategic goals of an organization's information system based on the overall business strategies
- Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future information systems requirements to meet the organization's needs
- Assess and review current technology infrastructure to identify key risk areas based on the overall business strategies and ensure adequate levels of controls are in place to address those risks
- Recommends and schedules information systems repairs and upgrades
- Provides quality end users support for all Enterprise applications and information systems in a fast and efficient manner
- Installs and configures information systems servers
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems about information systems
- Document detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer applications and information systems
- Recommend and Implement monitoring technologies and provide real-time monitoring of information systems and applications
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external systems security posture
- Perform security reviews on systems and development projects as directed
- Implementation of security software updates/upgrades and changes
- Ability to coordinate with IT Staff to provide emergency assistance in the event of systems failure
- Respond to virus/malware detection and removal
- Implement suitable vulnerability and threat management protocols to safeguard information systems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude to recognize, diagnose, and implement security solutions for diverse networkinfrastructure
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Proficient in:
- All Windows platforms (Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, Windows 10 …)
- Server Virtualization (Hyper-V) & Clusters
- SAN Technologies (FC, FCoE & iSCSI)
- Remote management and administration
- Writing complex shell scripts (Command shell, PowerShell, etc.).
- Microsoft Office365
- Active Directory
- Server Hardware Maintenance (HP a plus)
- Exchange Environments Local, Cloud, and Hybrid
- Distributed Applications Environments
- Networking Components and various Internet servers/services (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SSH, etc.).
- Exposure or working knowledge in:
- Enterprise Backup Strategies
- SQL Server Experience
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and various Internet servers/services (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SSH, etc.).
- Cloud Familiarity (Azure, AWS)
- Knowledgeable in High Availability and BCP concepts (RAID, SPOFs, Failover Clustering, Server Farms, etc.).
- Database Driven Application Integrations
- Enterprise Applications such as an ERP Package (Dynamics GP) a plus
- Linux OS (Ubuntu, CentOS …)
- Preferred candidates to have an industry-recognized certification in:
- MCSE preferably 2012, 2016 or newer.
- Intrusion detection/analysis (SANS/GCIA or SCSE, or any other) a plus but not required
- Networking (CCNA, CCNP)
- Physical mobility required to move and install up to 30 lb. of computer equipment
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Innovation, Loyalty, Commitment and Knowledge in a fun, fast-paced working environment