Responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support of various platforms (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools). Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment. Ensure platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Duties may include capacity planning, workload modeling, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics.
- Understand technical/business requirements gathered from the business units.
- Analyze, design, and document platforms/systems to meet enterprise requirements.
- Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating systems and other systems software.
- Configure, install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies for enterprise use to consistently drive down total cost of ownership.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
- Perform technical reviews comparing enterprise standard platform components with that of their leading industry competitors.
- Consult with other business units (e.g. application groups, DBAs, middleware, etc.) to configure platforms for product installation.
- Design and document enterprise standards and procedures.
- Ensure platforms/systems conform to established enterprise/industry standards (systems management, security, operating systems, etc.) and reference models.
- Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures.
- Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Plan and implement life cycle management of software and hardware.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Associate's degree or industry certification in an applicable IT field, in addition to four years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of one or more platforms; or a Bachelor's degree in an IT field, in addition to two years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of one or more platforms; or five years equivalent in depth experience in the above related areas.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of multiple systems (operating/integration/architecture) and programming languages/methodologies. Thorough understanding of server and desk top based technology, utilizing network systems related to enterprise view. Previous airline experience is ideal.
Requisition #: 272746